Follow the scent…
Web Analytics, also referred to as Web site traffic analysis, gives you information that you can leverage to better understand how visitors are interacting with your Web site, and how you can dramatically increase your customer conversion rates. For instance, you can learn a great deal about who your visitors are and how they interact with your Web site. Web analytics can tell you how they arrived at your site.
- Did they arrive via a search engine?
- Did they follow a link from another Web site to find your site?
- Did they click on your pay-per-click ad?
- Did they already know you and type your Web site URL directly into their browser?
You can also tell how long they stayed on each page, where they clicked, what pages they viewed, and what was the last page they hit just before they exited your site.
Web analytics success feeds directly to your bottom line by turning data into dollars.
Get a pulse on your industry and your competition
In case you are wondering, Web analytics doesn’t just have to be all about you. Mix in competitive data to view an apples-to-apples comparison of you against them. WSI can also help provide additional data that enables you to generate metrics such as the percentage share of industry visitors to your site, industry conversion rates, and more!
- Where do I start…
- What should I measure?
- How do I establish a data-hungry company culture?
- How do I make sense of all the data, charts and numbers?
- How do I turn all this information into better business strategies and new business-building initiatives?
Online, almost everything can be measured: unique visitors, clicks, engagement, buzz, open rates, conversions, demographics, branding and time spent are just a few examples of the many available metrics. Marketers and business owners like yourself should embrace the very real potential of all this information – but you often feel overwhelmed by the day-to-day demands of running your business, the mountains of data to sift through, and the technology needed to mine it.